I am a Ph.D. candidate in Informatics at Indiana University, Bloomington, in the Center for Complex Networks and Systems. My Ph.D. advisor is Filippo Radicchi.
I am interested doing research in network science, science of science, and computational social science. My research topics include finding influential actors in static and dynamic networks, analyzing the effects of imperfect conditions on network optimization problems, and studying the properties of academic publications such as detection and prediction of outstanding careers.
- Şirag Erkol, Satyaki Sikdar, Filippo Radicchi, Santo Fortunato. Consistency pays off in science. arXiv | GitHub | Website
- Şirag Erkol, Dario Mazzilli, Filippo Radicchi. (2022). Effective submodularity of influence maximization on temporal networks. Physical Review E, 106, 034301. DOI | arXiv
- Şirag Erkol, Filippo Radicchi. (2021). Who is the best coach of all time? A network-based assessment of the career performance of professional sports coaches. Journal of Complex Networks, 9, cnab012. DOI | arXiv | Website
- Şirag Erkol, Dario Mazzilli, Filippo Radicchi. (2020). Influence maximization on temporal networks. Physical Review E, 102, 042307. DOI | arXiv
- Şirag Erkol, Claudio Castellano, Filippo Radicchi. (2019). Systematic comparison between methods for the detection of influential spreaders in complex networks. Scientific Reports, 9, 15095. DOI | arXiv
- Şirag Erkol, Ali Faqeeh, Filippo Radicchi. (2018). Influence maximization in noisy networks. EPL, 123, 58007. DOI | arXiv
- Şirag Erkol, Gönenç Yücel. (2017). Influence maximization based on partial network structure information: A comparative analysis on seed selection heuristics. International Journal of Modern Physics C, 28, 1750122. DOI
- Ph.D. in Informatics, Indiana University, 2023
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Bogazici University, 2016
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Bogazici University, 2014